Lancashire Arts Development Team: Supporting great art which transforms lives and places.
Lancashire Arts Development Team provides opportunities for people in Lancashire to experience and participate in a wide range of high quality arts activities. We have a rich and varied cultural landscape in Lancashire excelling in theatre, literature, music, dance, as well the visual and digital arts. The role of the team is to work in partnership to support this vibrant arts infrastructure, all rooted in the people and places of Lancashire.
Our work is driven by the following key principles:
- Artistic impact - supporting work with real artistic vision and ambition that sits within the north west cultural landscape
- Social Impact - supporting work with clear and measurable benefits for people across Lancashire.
- Economic Impact - supporting work with clarity on how it contributes to the Lancashire economy in a real sense.
- Financial Match - supporting work that brings in additional resources to the cultural landscape in Lancashire.
- The Cultural Driver investment programme Cultural Driver Investment investing in strategic arts organisations and projects in Lancashire
- Arts organisations support and investment - funded in 12/13:
MoreMusicMorecambe; TheDukes, Litfest, LudusDance, MidPennineArts, Horse&BambooTheatre, LancashireSinfonietta, GreenClose, TheyEatCulture , BusinessintheArts , HarrisMuseum, LICA, LancasterArtsPartnership , BurnleyYouthTheatre, AbandonNormalDevices , Folkus, RoseTheatre and Preston Mela.
- Strategic Arts Projects (funded in 12/13):
BLAZE, SpotOn RuralTouring, Preston Guild and Ground Up
- The Futureproof Business support programme - supporting a robust arts sector in Lancashire e.g. facilitation of a network of Arts Organisations across the County
- The Communication Programme - promoting the arts offer in Lancashire e.g. Lancashire Arts Bulletin
- The Arts Advocacy Programme - supporting involvement in local, regional and national networks e.g. Arts Development UK
- The Development programme - supporting arts and cultural strategy development where appropriate.
- The Voluntary Programme - supporting the voluntary arts sector to thrive and engage e.g. 'Up for Arts' programme and through Voluntary Arts England