The Lancashire Teaching Agency (LTA) provides a "one stop shop" for school recruitment needs; a comprehensive solution to schools' staffing requirements.
More information can be found on our webpages.
The LTA provides:
- Temporary short and long term cover through teachers and teaching assistants with an extension into other support staff roles e.g. technicians.
- Specialist recruitment services to best match the needs of the school to the skills of the supply staff.
- Staff who are deployed on local authority standard job descriptions and are paid in line with the grading structure for these posts.
- A single contact point to request staff, accessible 24 hours a day.
- High quality supply staff with induction and continuous professional development for all staff.
- A membership scheme to allow schools to make savings on both their temporary and permanent recruitment.
- Transparent pay and charge with monthly invoicing by Lancashire County Council for all categories of staff.
- Rigorous safeguarding practices to ensure all staff are compliant with current requirements.
The LTA is committed to service quality and enhancing the service offer to schools. The LTA provides recruitment solutions for all roles requested by schools including Science and ICT technicians, Site Supervisors and Administrators. The introduction of these services enables the LTA to support workforce reform in Lancashire schools.
For supply staff
Supply staff registered with the LTA receive free professional development including a compulsory Lancashire induction as well as help and advice for those seeking contractual employment. Therefore, schools can feel confident that their supply staff have relevant and recent professional development.