Human Resources comprises a range of specialist HR and Payroll services to a large number of customers within Lancashire County Council (including schools), and many other external organisations – both in the public and private sector.
In summary, the comprehensive range of support services provided include the following services.
- Two customer contact centres – AskHR and AskPensions - providing 'first point of contact' advice, support and guidance in respect of all customer queries relating to HR, payroll and pensions'
- Corporate HR services – supporting customers in their people management responsibilities including developing employment policies and procedures; offering employment law advice and the handling of employee relation's casework, vacancy management, redeployment and executive recruitment
- Schools HR team supporting schools in their people management responsibilities including developing model employment policies; offering employment law advice and the handling of employee relations casework
- Payroll processing services - delivering payrolls utilising the Oracle system and providing on-line self-service facilities whereby employees and managers have direct access to make their own transactional changes
- Transactional recruitment and safeguarding check