30 Hours Funded Childcare
- The Provider Portal is now available for you to check parent's 11 digit eligibility codes, please refer to page 35 of the Provider Portal guidance notes for further information. The previous interim system for checking codes is no longer available.
- Parents can now access 30 hours funded childcare by completing an eligibility check through the childcare choices website. Please continue to encourage parents to check their eligibility early to ensure they can take up the hours when they need them.
Information for parents has been updated on our parent pages. Please can you refer parents to this valuable source of information regarding eligibility and how and when to apply.
The HMRC have asked that you share their information with any parents who are having difficulty finding their code so they do not need to contact the call centre.
How will parents check to see if they are eligible
Method 1. If you want to check codes individually please use this this link.
Method 2. If you would like to check multiple codes please refer to the process as set out in the '30 Hours Eligibility Validation - guidance for settings' document.
- Extended the hours over which funded provision can be accessed to 6am-8pm (please note settings will offer different session times within these times
- Removed the minimum session length for funded places so parents can access free hours more flexibility where settings are able to support this.
- Parents will be able to access up to two sites per day to claim their funded hours
Frequently Asked Questions
DfE - 30 Hours Frequently Asked Questions (212 KB, Acrobat PDF)
DfE 30 Hours - Mythbuster FAQ (168 KB, Acrobat PDF)
DfE - ECS 30 Hours Frequently Asked Questions (293 KB, Acrobat PDF)
DfE 30 Hours Frequently Asked Questions - Eligibility (133 KB, Acrobat PDF)