Recycling Centre Access Policy
Lancashire County Council operates an access policy on all its Recycling Centres . The Access Policy helps us to reduce congestion, increase safety and prevent trade waste being deposited illegally at the centres.
The recycling centres will accept household rubbish delivered by:
- A car with or without a single axle trailer (up to 3m long)
- A van** (with no more than 4 wheels) WITH A PERMIT
- A twin axle trailer (up to 3m long) WITH A PERMIT
- A pedestrian WITH A PERMIT
**For the purposes of the permit scheme a "van" shall be deemed to be:
- Any vehicle without side rear windows
- Any "flatback" vehicle
- Any "pickup" vehicle
Please note that two permits are needed per visit when a van visits a site towing a trailer, double or single axle, where there is waste in both the van and the trailer.
Apply on line for a permit
The recycling centres will NOT accept household rubbish delivered by:
- Any vehicle with more than four wheels
- Any tipper vehicle
- Any trailer more than 3 metres long
Any vehicle carrying trade waste will NOT be allowed to deposit rubbish at a Lancashire County Council recycling centre.
For more information about this access policy or to apply for a permit by telephone please contact the waste helpline on 0845 0500 957